|Ecowas Commission is set to recruit for a Programme Officer. (1 Position)|
Internationally recruited position
Department: Office of the President
Directorate: ECOWAS Peace Fund
Annual Salary: USD 36,901 – USD 44,469
Supervisor: ECOWAS Liaison Officer to African Union Commission
Duration: Two (2) years – up to Dec. 2014
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Closing Date: 28 January 2013
The Commission of the Economic Community of West African States
(ECOWAS; www.ecowas.int), along with other Regional Economic Communities
(RECs) has been implementing since May 2011 the African Peace and Security
Architecture Support Programme (APSA), supported by the African Union
Commission and the European Union within the framework of Africa Peace
The main purpose of APSA is to promote peace and security in Africa, specifically through conflict prevention, management, resolution and peace building as as well as capacity development
APF is sponsored by the 10th European Development Fund. Under APSA,
the ECOWAS Commission is benefitting from two projects, namely the APSA
Support Programme (APSA-SP) up to December 2014 and the EU Support to
African Training Institutions/Training Centers of Excellence (TI-TCE). Officially the two projects are expected to run respectively till 31 December 2014 and 31 January 2013.
In order to fast-track the implementation of APSA, the ECOWAS Commission is seeking the services of qualified professionals.
The Programme Officer supports the Head of ECOWAS Liaison Office in carrying out his/her official functions as spelt out in the Liaison Officer's Terms of Reference.
Duties and Responsibilities
- He or she will have the following specific responsibilities:
- Represent the ECOWAS Liaison Office at meetings at the African Union Commission and other meetings organised by partners;
-Develop professional relationship with officials of the African Union Commission;
- Support the ECOWAS Liaison Officer on her widening role as the point of contact for ECOWAS on African Union issues;
- Follow up the implementation of the project while considering measurable output, outcome and impact indicators;
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders regarding implementation of
the projects, identify and track follow-up actions; Provide information
and guidance to increase impact and cost effectiveness;
Initiate relevant activities for the successful implementation of the project;
- Draft relevant sections of the project reports to donors;
- Manage project information and channel internal and external requests to the relevant parties;
Undertake field visits and communicate with people;
-mParticipate in occasional meetings with the projects Stakeholders;
- At the end of the project, ensure that the Project Completion Report
(PCR) is prepared following AUC guidelines on content and format;
Perform any other relevant tasks that may be assigned by the Manager of EPF
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field related to
conflict prevention, peace keeping, post-conflict reconstruction or
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in monitoring, evaluating and reporting on projects;
- Excellent skills (written and spoken) in one of ECOWAS official
languages (English, French, Portuguese). A working knowledge in one of
the two others would be an advantage;
- Computer proficiency (MS Office-Word-Excel-PowerPoint as a minimum);
- Excellent analytical and organisational management skills and good inter-personal skills. - Similar experience at international level is an advantage;
- He/she should be in sound health with the ability to work under pressure in a cross-cultural & complex environment, diplomatic framework;
Ability to travel and undertake short term trips to various localities;
- Capacity to analyze complex situations, to make proposals and report are important factors.
- Professionalism: Knowledge of policies related to conflict,
post-conflict operations, peace-building; Ability to identify issues,
analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems; Ability to
apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and
manage conflicting priorities; is conscientious and efficient in meeting
commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by
professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when
faced with difficult problems or challenges; remain calm in stressful
situations. Planning and organising: Proven ability to work under
pressure and to use limited resources effectively,
- Teamwork: Ability to operate effectively across organisational and
country boundaries; Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic work environment with
sensitivity and respect for diversity; Proven ability to collaborate
with colleagues to achieve organisational goals.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills (written and spoken in
both French and English), including ability to draft/edit a variety of
Candidates should not be 50 years old or over at the point of
recruitment and must be a citizen of one of the ECOWAS member states.
Must be fluent in one of the official languages of the Commission;
English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be
Apply for this Position SEARCH FOR HIGH PAID JOBS HERE
First Bank of Nigeria is set to begin rcruitment for Graduate Trainee in 2013. We have always been a bank of first choice. Our workplace cu...
First Bank Nigeria Plc is set to recruit for Graduate Trainee Positions in 2012. Applications are invited for 2011 Graduate Recruitment Pro...
Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) has released the results of the 2012 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, with on...
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) is recruiting for Various Graduate Positions. The office of the Executive Board member, G...
Guaranty Trust Bank is Recruiting for Graduates for 2012 banking session. We invites applications from fresh graduates for Entry Level recr...
EQUITORIAL TRUST BANK IS RECRUITING DO YOU HAVE A HEAD ABOVE OTHERS OR AN EAGLE EYE? An ETB career is one that is rewarding and filled with ...
Nigerian Air Force invites applications for Direct Short Services Commission (DSSC 21) 2012 Enlistment programme for graduates and post-...
INEC is currently accepting applications from qualified NYSC members, final year university students and those previously engaged by th...
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) yesterday released the JAMB Results of the 2011 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination ...
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is the regulator and highest policy making institution for the financial services sector.We seek the employ...